Monday, February 1, 2010

Heart over Mind… Really?

So I was reading through the blogs of one of the ppl I follow and there was something he had to say:
The only way to live the life you see in your dreams is to let your Heart be the Master of your Mind. This is scary because the Heart yearns for no reason, the Heart is sensitive and has the capacity of feel such great bliss and such intense pain. But that is now our calling, we MUST go through it - you MUST let go of all the reasons you can't, all the things that you think will hurt and simply embrace life as real, as primal and as intense as it is when you let yourself feel.

This is what is required of you to step into the magical land of dreams, success and most importantly happiness. Don't deny your Heart, don't turn away from the unknown, step courageously into your Fear, let yourself feel and have the strength to bare it all. This is living, this is being human - this is your calling.

Love,

Mastin
I'm sitting here thinking, do you REALLY know just how scary it is to let your heart take over your mind. I mean he said it himself "this is … because the Heart yearns for no reason, the Heart is sensitive and has the capacity of feel such great bliss and such intense pain."
When I think about what my heart yearns for at this point, the thought of giving it free reign is T.E.R.R.I.F.Y.I.N.G.
But then there is this other side to it too… I can't really tell anymore if following Kipp's advice really would be the best thing to do… There are so many things to consider. And the pain. Gosh…

2 comments:

  1. ei Mastin,
    I guess Life is a 'syllabus' full of many lessons to learn but letting your heart take over is more than scary - it can be come wild and uncontrollable, and permanently damage or destroy.. as well as help heal and grow stronger.
    Now the question is to take the BOLD step or not? Am I ready to go through all that.. not like I haven't experienced some but I like my sheltered self into which I have retreated from the pain (apparently that's what we crabs- CANCER, do...) RAAAAHHH!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel you on this, like SCARY mahn!
    I think right now my mind is mostly in control and when my hearts tries to fly out of its little cage..it quickly gets tucked back in.
    Safe but boring and freakin predictable..so I'm slowly learning to let my heart out once in a while...so it doesnt shrivel and die and you know theres some good stuff in there, so why not let it out now and again.

    But to let it take total control and start running all wild and free...NAH MATE!

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work by KuiDee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »