Saturday, August 8, 2009

Dreams (Twilight inspired)

So I wrote this piece a long time ago, around the time my sister was making read the Twilight series. LOL, so as she refuses to let me forget. This was indirectly inspired by her.

May He hold you in His embrace.
KD.

Dreams - Ruddi

The moonlight kissed and caressed the clearing;
The nighttime sounds hummed a magical melody
And the trees seemed to sway with its rhythm.
Cradled by soft grass, I lay in the middle of the clearing
Smiling up at the night sky as the wind cooed in my ear.
Enjoying the peace, serenity and hominess of the setting
I wondered what could possibly make this more perfect.
As though I had said that out loud, he stepped into the light
A wide smile on his face that reached his twinkling eyes
I looked up at him from where I lay and dared not move.
Impossible…His cannot be the same face…not here…
My heart raced out of control and my hopes ready to fly
I knew this man; I’d seen him almost every day for years
Wandering the smoky scenes of my dreams, just beyond reach,
Then he spoke; his voice flowed creamily out of his mouth
Mesmerizing me with its deep, silky quality
I blinked, my mind blank without a ghost of thought
I had not heard what he said and it apparently showed
He, laughing, held out his hand reaching for mine
Locking my eyes with his, I placed my hand in his open one
Then my head on his shoulder and his head lay on mine
The music swelled about us and we swayed to it
I sighed my content as we danced, oblivious of the world
The seconds slipped into minutes and minutes into hours
Time held no consequence as we stayed cocooned in our embrace
Until the lights of dawn began to spill over the horizon
Knowing the end threatened I held on tighter
“Don’t leave me here… please,” I whispered my plea
He smiled, sadly this time, his palm against my cheek
Slowly he lowered his head till his lips met mine
Suddenly the sun seemed reluctant to miss the moment
It burst out from beyond the horizon flooding the clearing with light
I opened my eyes and I was alone; my bed no longer welcoming
Enjoying the lingering effect of the dream, I smiled
Enveloped in the magical melody that flowed over my soul.
…You may only be in my mind, but till you aren’t I’ll dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work by KuiDee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »