Friday, July 31, 2009

Killing a bug.

So it's 1:44am and I really should be asleep as I have work in the morning and I can never wake up smiling if I don't sleep before 12:30. I'm sitting here looking at my screen, browsing Facebook, reading statuses, wondering what they mean and generally thinking too much and this BUG! keeps flying across my screen and landing on it then moving and walking about it! I blew it away, brushed it away, ignored it, yelled at it, (…yes, I yelled), but the bloody thing still kept coming back. …So I killed it.

Random story huh? But wait…

Before all that, I was thinking about how the bible says "It’s your sins that have cut you off from God. Because of your sins, he has turned away and will not listen anymore." (Isaiah 59: 2) And then I realized, much like killing the bug in order to stop it from distracting and keeping my eyes on the screen where I wanted them, I'd have to "kill" my sin in order to be able to keep my eyes on God.

But then I think, "killing that bug was so easy!" That's where the difference comes in. That bug was one small thing that was easily done away with because it was irritating and I didn't like it. Our sins are both big and small and then all those that in between and they are numerous, and often they are things we've done so often we don't notice anymore or they are things, dare I say, that we like doing!! And everyday we fall prey to some temptation or the other and we can only pray for the strength to overcome it! Sometimes there is success …and there is also failure.

But He promises never to leave you, He promises that you WILL find Him if you seek Him with all your heart, and He will create in you a new person in Christ.

Over and over again, I've prayed the "Come into my heart" prayer, but over and over again, I fail to live by his commandments and seek Him with all my heart. I even forget about Him sometimes!!! …How do you forget about someone who died to save you, who loves you more than your mother could, who has given you many many gifts and who is always by your side? How you forget someone like that? Ever think about how it breaks His heart??

Lord, I'm coming back, yet again. Please hold my hand. I know I'd leave again, but let your arm be my leash.
Amen.



I read a post recently about the things that cause us to lose our connection with God: Static.
Just thought I'd share.

5 comments:

  1. I like the analogy...
    And true, it's easy to say that prayer, and hard to stay on the straight and narrow.
    Thank God for his mercy, cuz if he were as impatient with us as we are with bugs.. we'd all be squished.
    Btw I had a screen bug the other day too... annoying much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And nice analogy yourself!! I'm REALLY glad God is patient, I would've been long gone!
    And yes! those bugs are so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I can't count the number of times I've said that prayer, sometimes I think I've said it too much. I had to peek in here to see if there were any formulas cos if i saw even one dx/dy I'd have bailed immediately lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh Sir Scribbles, I'm glad you decided to take a second look. Even I can't follow that math blog myself no more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, I like a lot! I think sometimes too we convince ourselves that how can God love us after falling short time and time again! We forget that he died for us while we were still sinners and nothing can separate us from His love! whoo hoo! God just rocks, period!

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work by KuiDee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »