Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Passions

Everyone knows the saying: If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything (Well it goes something like that I'm sure). Also in an earlier post I said "Believe in something; anything. You’d be less confused …at least in one area." (I also happened to follow that with: "When you give advice to others, you might want to learn to take it too." I really should start listening to myself, I sound wise. :/ )

Anyways, my point:
I honestly am not sure what things I believe in. Of course, there is God, love, and family. But what I'm talking about is the passionate belief in something that is obvious to the world like that of Mother Teresa, Martin L. King, and Kimmie Weeks to name a few. These people were/are so passionate about their beliefs that they did something about it, either they encouraged people to share in their passion, actively acted on their passion, or did both. The others I'm sure you know of all the others but Kimmie Weeks. Kimmie Weeks; He is something else.
He started displaying his passion at 14, the point at which he'd decided that he did not want to see another child go through what he had been through during the first civil war in Liberia, his home country. A time during which he was so malnourished and thus immobile that his body was thrown into the pile of dead ones where his frantic mother found him. Now he has helped the children of Africa in SO many ways. Kudos, Mr. Weeks! But, Lord forbid that I or anyone would have to face death and suffering to stand up for something that I believe in.

I've always said if nothing else, I want the fact that I was alive make at least one other life better than it would have been. There! I guess that's one thing I believe in and I pray the burning passion follows soon. For now my head and heart are very cluttered places that need a good spring cleaning.

I commend those who have already grabbed bulls by their horns and are doing something about the things they feel.

To the iStandAbove Organization, Rights to Rights Foundation, Open Hands Foundation, EASE (MIT), MIG, Aisha Obuobi, Lifestylz GH and all others acting on their passions and effecting the change they want to see in the world: Ayekoo!!

If you have a passion, do something about it. If you don't know how, make your first step asking questions, you'll get there some how, trust me. Don't let it die!!


Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
-Marianne Williamson.

2 comments:

  1. If only it was that easy :(
    love the background .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing worth working for is ever easy but is always worth the try.
    Thanx hun :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work by KuiDee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »