Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Princess and the Pea

There are peas under my mattress.
…No. Scratch that …I can make no such claims to delicacy.
For I am the  cracked soles of the bare feet the trekked miles over rugged terrain,
I am the calloused palms that tightly wield the machete passionately willing a response from the barren soil,
I am the knees that have darkened with the ashes they grind into the ground,
But more honestly, I am the pieces of my heart broken so often, the shards cut deep my fingers, refusing a mend.
Baring it all, I am the tears that illustrate on my cheeks the pain that conceived them, born in these eyes that fight to hide them.
I hesitate to speak because then you would know I will not… cannot feel the bumps in my mattress.
…But I'm afraid to lie down because rocks might be what replace those peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work by KuiDee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »