Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mmmmm…

Over and over again I find myself listening to this.
Her emotion bleeds into her words, and these words wrap themselves around you so tightly that they seep slowly into the crevices of your mind and immediately you KNOW whose lips you want to be giving that longing sideways stare… ;) Enjoy

I Want to Kiss You



I want to kiss you. Shadow you jaw like against touch. Touch you scent of musk, Saltwater and sea foam clean. Want to kiss you near God. Amongst strangers, I dare either to stop me. Keep me. Want to kiss you bitter. Tired of Waiting, wondering. Want to kiss you empty. Steady as forever. Small as favour. Maybe kiss your curve where shoulder meets neck or silk of throat. Perhaps rough of chin, inside elbows, wrists, then rest, smooth of chest. Back, hip to hip. Dip of belly. Want to hold you, entwined like vows. Palm against palm. Fingers laced and waiting. I want to kiss you unbroken, before too many hearts snap like dried and dead things. This longing, like fire, like hunger, like nothing before or since. Just one small solitary kiss. No questions. No worries. No words. Just a kiss. Quiet. Quick. Subtle. Silent. It'll probably speak volumes.

- Bassey Ikpi.

3 comments:

  1. same here! i watched sometime ago and i cudnt wrap my head around it but i replayed it over and over again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bassey Ikpi's spoken poems. Sometimes I spend hours listening to her and other Def poetry artistes. This one is great, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently discovered my love for spoken word!! and this was just tooooooooo good :D

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work by KuiDee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »