Saturday, November 21, 2009

Love Quotables - From the Fly Guy.

Scenario: Me, 8:30pm, random school night, tired of reading Coetzee's Foe and not really wanting to commit to a House episode because I want to get back to reading soon (though this "short" break takes up just as much time). I surf over to read what The Fly Guy's been thinking and I came across his Love Quotables… and I thought I'd share the ones that I liked.

People love others not for who they are, but for how they make them feel.
~ Irwin Federman ~

“When you are in love, you can’t fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams.”
~ Dr Seuss ~

“To love a person is to learn the song that is in their heart,
And to sing it to them when they have forgotten.”
~ Anonymous ~

No man is truly married
until he understands
every word his wife is NOT saying.
~ Anonymous ~

True love cannot be found where it truly does not exist,
Nor can it be hidden where it truly does.
~ Anonymous ~

I sought for Love
But Love ran away from me.
I sought my Soul
But my Soul I couldn’t see.
Then I sought You,
And I found all three.
~ Unknown Author ~

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength,
While loving someone deeply gives you courage.
~ La0 Tzu ~

Love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image… otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.
~ Anonymous ~

The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I’d hoped to give you forever.”
~ Noah to Allie (The Notebook) ~

“I wish I could be your teardrops. What more could anyone ask for than to be conceived in your heart, born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.”
~ Anonymous ~

Immature love says, “I love you because I need you.” Mature love says, “I need you because I love you.”
~ Erich Fromm ~

“The more I get to know you, the more my heart aches to find new ways to express its devotion to you”
~ Unknown Author~

Update: (This is from a bookmark I have.)

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What You are in love with, what seizes you imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you do with your evenings, how you spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your hearts, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, Stay in love, And it will decide…Everything."
~ Pedro Arrupe, SJ ~

2 comments:

  1. Love love love
    oh what the feeling.

    nice ones/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have picked the best poems. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work by KuiDee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »