Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pensieve entry. (07/16/09)

I'm finally back in MN after a FANTASTIC 6-day weekend at a birthday celebration in MA, and it was a blast! I met a dozen new people, went to church and listened to a very "happening" pastor preach a really good sermon and caught up with great friends. So it was Wednesday night and I was leaving the state on cloud 5. (Quite a drop from the cloud 9 I was on that morning prior to some nonsense, but anyways…) And Lord knows I must have lost my intelligence because under the guise of sharing and being honest and whatnot, I managed to go ahead and step right off the already low cloud and proceed to not only fall through clouds 4, 3, 2 and 1, but hit the ground HARD. Yeah it was that bad. Or at least it felt like it. Right now, I'm still on the ground, but upright and not face down.

And with the entire experience I re-learnt a few things I thought I already knew, and a few new ones.

The Old.
1. Honesty is the best policy.
At all times it is. BUT! Sometimes, it's best to keep your mouth shut. Some things just turn out better that way. (I was just assured that honesty is still the best option. We'll see…)
2. Sure, once in a while you need your alone time, but friends… friends are the glue that holds you together sometimes.
Don't hide under your covers in the dark, drowning your pillow or some stuffed animal of choice. Find a friend who will be supportive …and keep you out of your depressive slum.
3. Music WILL paint your canvas whatever you let it.
…Not sure I can say anything else about that.
4. Do NOT ever do anything in anger.
Do anything and everything you can to cool off before you speak. If you don't you may be regretting whatever you did for a WHILE to come.

The New.
1. Your entire self is connected to your heart. (I can almost hear your "Duh," gimme a min here…)
When you are happy, your heart is light, allowing the corners of your mouth to lift easily. In fact all the features of your face will lift. You feel lighter, some so much so they 'float.' Things just all seem so much more pleasant because you are light enough not to sink below the surface. But when you are sad, your heart is heavy. It weights down the corners of your mouth and your brow droops. Everything seems too much of a bother because you can't seem to lift yourself.
2. …I don't think you know it when you fall in love. Not least not as first as you may have had different ideas about what it should be. Not even when you are hit in face with clues over and over again …you just think that headache came from somewhere else.
(This last point is totally unrelated)

…Well.

Happy HP watching to all going to see it/already seen it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear too true.. I really loved having you here..well i hope you get back to cloud 9 soon hun xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work by KuiDee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »