Saturday, August 28, 2010

So, who's your man?

Me: No one. I don't have a man.
Taxi Driver: C'mon. I ain't yo daddy. You ain't gotta lie me.
Me: Don't worry, I know, I wouldn't lie to him about that either.
TD: Girl, please, I'm looking at you. You too fine to be single.
*Pause* (You really should be looking at the road)
Me: Thank you, but I really am.

Ok, I can take a compliment (and there is someone out there who will shake his head when he reads this), and I'm flattered that he'd think that way. But, here is my issue.

Is the way I look to be the defining characteristic that decides whether I'm single or not?
No, I'm not naive enough to still think that looks don't count. Of course the good looking ones are more likely to get more attention. I'm mean, I'm just as attracted to the tall, dark, cute smile, arms for daaayyys kinda guy as the next person and I'd notice him sooner than the awkward, jeans sagging guy who still claims he's got pretty boy swag…like… really?

What about me and my say? I'll take it, I'm not an eye-sore BUT I also have a say in who becomes my boyfriend. I'd much rather be joyful, even bored in my single than miserable and in agony in a double. The guy made a boyfriend sound like a must-have accessory any good looking girl should have…
I mean sure, but there is a lot more that should go into the pairing up process.

Also, you can't call me a liar after 5 mins, me and you no dey so… -___-

2 comments:

  1. This is so true. Being beautiful does not equate to be in a relationship. Strangers (taxi drivers, random acquaintances, etc) are too liberal with their opinions on your relationship status and remarks on your characters. Forgive them, they don't know what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! Next time I'm going to ask for their reasoning behind it. I bet they'd have none!

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work by KuiDee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »