Monday, May 11, 2009

Musings on M.A.F.U

So one boring day as I slowly browsed the pages of Facebook looking for nothing in particular and not expecting anything new, I came across a new group called M.A.F.U: Men Against F'ing Up.

I'm not sure I remember what exactly my first reaction was after I read the description but if I were to take a guess now I'd say I was somewhere between "Here we go again" and "Finally!" And of course my curiosity at that point had taken over and I went on to read the various posts and watch the videos posted. Wow! …During the video, I shushed my roommate when she tried to speak and at the end I applauded. At this point my reaction was strongly leaning towards "Finally!" But I realized that as I sat there saying "Finally," I have to admit that it is in the fact that I am a woman that I see the speck in the eyes of men rather than the log in my own. It’s always easier to look at someone and see his or her "bad" side than it is to look at yourself and see yours.

In view of this, there should probably also be a WAFU group (Though that just doesn’t sound good). Now, now, ladies, we have to admit that sometimes we are the ones to blame for whatever trouble is going on in a relationship. Be it romantic or platonic. There always seems to be some drama in the relationships around me and being female, I always hear about how Kojo did this and Kwame said that. And after the boy bashing session (lol, forgive me, but we girls have to stick together sometimes), I'd ask, ”so did you talk about it?” Sometimes it's easier to stop and reflect after the ranting and raving is done and look over what the problem is. And it’s at this point that a solution becomes obvious, when the source of the problem is worked out. And ladies, if you ARE the source, admit it. It would make solving the problem easier; Men, you too.

Disclaimer:
This is not at all to say that you should take nonsense when it comes in its true unadulterated form from either party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work by KuiDee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »