Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sounding off!

Often I wonder, "Where can I pour the murky emotions of my heart out without judgement?" Face it, a lot of people, including myself, always feel that there is a part of ourselves that is meant to be hidden from the world. The Mr. Hyde part that we rather the world not see for fear of rejection, abandonment or worse fear and/or hatred. Too harsh? Well… where?

Not on facebook; It's WAY too public. I have the strictest privacy settings yet there are still "friends" on there with whom I wouldn't care to share my happy times, let alone my sad ones.

Not on twitter; Even more public, and this time even to people I dont know. But often the freedom of quick one liners that offer such release is just…so…tempting.

Blogspot? I don't know. This space really is my sounding board more often than not. Publishing to the www is my way of letting it go; of saying "Amen," if you will. But, for the fact that anyone can easily read this and say KD is feeling this way right now, whether they actually know me personally or not… is a little frightening. But how else can I sound off?

I'd rather not burden an aching ear or weigh down an already heavy shoulder, so that takes out Skype, WhatsApp, bbm, phone calls, MSN, facebook chat, twitter DMs, emails, Gchat, txt msgs (wow…).

*LIGHT BULB MOMENT*

But… on the other hand, if you read this you brought it all on yourself… You made a choice. …muahahahha! :)
I have hence justified my use of blogspot (what a mouthful!). It shall remain my sounding board. Just don't expect to the blunt, tactless, heart on my forehead posts. Fortunately, I'm not forever morbid. :)

January is almost over!! Raaaahhhhh!

Blessings on all.
KD

4 comments:

  1. LOL. you are too funny Kui.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I have had these exact same thoughts! where to divulge the chaos of my heart and mind..wherever we choose, we do have to share whats in our heart and mind with some people..makes you vulnerable but also makes us more human

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Dammie, well said. And thanks Tetekai and Mys.Tery… :D

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work by KuiDee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »